The Opencaching website offers an option to ignore a geocache which can be very useful.
Most cachers plan their caching tours by using the search page. It is possible, that the result list contains geocaches you do not want to seek for. Maybe they are on a tree or you do not want to solve the riddle of a certain mystery. It may also happen that you are on tour and you do not like the terrain the geocache is hidden or there are permanently to much muggles around. But those geocaches would again pop-up when you do the search in the same area again.
The solution: ignore a geocache
- Open the listing of the geocache you want to ignore.
- Click on the Ignore button.
- On the search page check the box My ignored in the section "Hide these caches".
On the geocache map ignored geocaches are hidden unless you activate them in the option menu.
List all your ignored geocaches
Click on MY PROFILE > Ignored caches to see a list of all your ignores geocaches.
Stop ignoring a geocache
You can withdraw the ignore flag from a geocache at any time:
- Click on MY PROFILE > Ignored caches
- Click on [do not ignore] behind the geocache.
- Confirm with OK.